The Davao City Police Office has filed 267 cases against violators of the community quarantine since March 20.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, city police director, said that from March 20 to April 12, they arrested 389 curfew violators, 102 for liquor ban, 76 for mass gathering, with 567 total arrests for the community quarantine.
Also, they filed four cases against eight suspects after launching several operations against hoarding, overpricing, and profiteering. They also confiscated 800 liters of alcohol, 50 pieces of facial masks, 1,255 disinfectants/ liquid soaps.
In two operations, they seized 60 pieces of overpriced infrared thermometers and arrested seven suspects.
Meanwhile, police also filed one case against an individual for spreading fake news on COVID-19.
On Sunday, Egnacio Potot Abracia was arrested for allegedly selling overpriced surgical gloves and isopropyl alcohol during an entrapment operation along Tulip Drive, near SM Ecoland.
Confiscated from his possession were 150 pieces of 100 ml unlabeled alcohol, sold for P60, which was double the suggested retail price.
Also seized from him were 16 boxes of surgical gloves sold at P1,600 each.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market