The Davao City Police Office has filed 267 cases against violators of the community quarantine since March 20.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, city police director, said that from March 20 to April 12, they arrested 389 curfew violators, 102 for liquor ban, 76 for mass gathering, with 567 total arrests for the community quarantine.
Also, they filed four cases against eight suspects after launching several operations against hoarding, overpricing, and profiteering. They also confiscated 800 liters of alcohol, 50 pieces of facial masks, 1,255 disinfectants/ liquid soaps.
In two operations, they seized 60 pieces of overpriced infrared thermometers and arrested seven suspects.
Meanwhile, police also filed one case against an individual for spreading fake news on COVID-19.
On Sunday, Egnacio Potot Abracia was arrested for allegedly selling overpriced surgical gloves and isopropyl alcohol during an entrapment operation along Tulip Drive, near SM Ecoland.
Confiscated from his possession were 150 pieces of 100 ml unlabeled alcohol, sold for P60, which was double the suggested retail price.
Also seized from him were 16 boxes of surgical gloves sold at P1,600 each.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid