Authorities arrested a man for allegedly selling overpriced surgical gloves and isopropyl alcohol in an entrapment operation along Tulip Drive, near SM City Ecoland around 2 p.m. on Sunday.
He was identified as Egnacio Potot Abracia. Confiscated from his possession were 150 pieces of
Confiscated from his possession were eight boxes of size seven surgical gloves (SRP 900.00 per box) and eight boxes of size 7.5 surgical gloves (SRP 900.00 per box), which he sold at 1,600 per box.
Also seized from him were 150 pieces of 100ml unlabeled alcohol with SRP of less than P36.00 only, and which he sold at P60.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)- Davao City Field Unit, said they also took one bundle of boodle money with one genuine P500 bill and one unit white KIA passenger van as evidence.
The operation was conducted jointly with the Special Operations Group, City Intelligence Unit of Davao City Police Office, Talomo Police Station, Philippine Air Force, Regional Anti-Cyber Crime Unit, and Department of Trade and Industry.
The suspect is detained in the Talomo Police Station, facing a case for violation of RA 7581 or the Price Act of 1992 as amended by RA 10623.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art