Around P1.7 billion is allocated for the Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation (AICS) under the Emergency Subsidy Program (ESP), a social amelioration program by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
During an interview with the Davao City Disaster Radio, DSWD XI regional director Grace Subong said 953,521 households in the region, or around 73-80% of the total population, will be receiving P6,000 as financial assistance.
The number of beneficiaries is based on the estimates of the Philippine Statistics Authority for 2020 while the amount to be given to households is based on the P396 minimum wage in the region.
Of the total number of households in the region, 267,974 are Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) beneficiaries.
In the 685,547 non-4Ps beneficiaries who are from the informal sector, 298,043 are from Davao City; 97,095 are from Davao del Sur; 115,881 are from Davao del Norte; 64,344 are from Davao Oriental; 71,238 are from Davao de Oro, and 38,946 are from Davao Occidental.
The emergency subsidy by the agency shall be good for the months of April and May since they are expecting that recovery would not be immediate if the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) will be lifted.
She added that they are doing their best in releasing the subsidy as soon as possible since the government knows that hunger cannot wait.
For members of 4Ps, the money shall be deposited directly to their account in the Land Bank of the Philippines, while those who are non-members or 4Ps who don’t have their cards yet will be receiving the allowance in cash.
Subong asked the people to wait patiently for further announcements and avoid gathering in their barangay for queries. Those who have questions may call DSWD at 227-1964; 0977 658 6628; or 0951 822 0810.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market