Those who were able to avail of the social amelioration program will be automatically excluded from the Emergency Subsidy Program, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) said.
DSWD XI regional director Grace Subong said during an interview with the Davao City Disaster Radio that they are avoiding duplication of financial assistance so that they can reach as many as they can.
“We are no longer giving them anything because we don’t want to duplicate (the subsidy) given by the DOLE (Department of Labor and Employment),” she said.
Aside from the DSWD, DOLE also offers two programs for those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic: the COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP) for employees from the private sector and Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Displaced/Disadvantaged Workers #Barangay Ko, Bahay Ko Disinfection/Sanitation Project (Tupad #BKBK) for the underemployed, self-employed, and displaced marginalized workers.
On the other hand, the Department of Agriculture offers cash assistance for rice farmers and Survival and Recovery (SURE) Loan Assistance and emergency assistance package for small farmers and fisherfolk.
The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) also offers COVID 19 Pondo Para sa Pagbabago at Pag-Asenso Enterprise Rehabilitation Fund (P3-ERF) for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
Displaced Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) will also be receiving P10,000 from the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).
For profiling and identification, there will be a social amelioration card for those who are included in the list of beneficiaries. It contains information, such as the name of the head of household, address, members of the family, and social amelioration service availed are indicated.
Beneficiaries who were already able to avail the programs from other agencies shall be removed from the list during assessments. Those who have questions on the ESP may call DSWD at 227-1964; 0977 658 6628; or 0951 822 0810.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market