The 10th Forward Service Support Unit (10FSSU) of the Army Support Command (ASCOM) distributed handmade face shields and masks for soldiers and other frontliners
Lt. Col. Lawrence Aninag, the commanding officer of the 10FSSU, said they fabricated 3,070 face shields as of April 9, 2020, which were distributed to different communities and organizations in Cagayan de Oro City and its neighboring municipalities.
Among the recipients of the face shields were Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams (BHERT), Oro Banker Association in CDO, various PNP units and offices, the Philippine Ports Authority (PPA), Philippine Coast Guard- Northern Mindanao District, Camp Evangelista Station Hospital, and various units of 4th Infantry Division.
Accordingly, around 1,300 additional face shields are already in their inventory ready for distribution to the front liners in different areas of Northern Mindanao while another 1,500 face shields are being made.
The 10FSSU, based in Camp Evangelista, Barangay Patag, Cagayan de Oro City, has also fabricated 200 face masks distributed to troops manning quarantine checkpoints.
Maj. Gen. Franco Nemesio Gacal, the commander of the 4th Infantry Division, said the initiative is another proof of the ingenuity and dedication of the soldiers.
“I hope this will inspire other groups and sectors of our society to contribute whatever they can to our fight against a common enemy, the COVID-19,” Gacal said.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online