Seven alleged sellers of overpriced infrared thermometers were arrested by authorities in an entrapment operation conducted along R. Castillo Street, Barangay San Juan, Agdao District on Holy Thursday.
Meanwhile, around 60 pieces of infrared thermometers were seized during the operation.
They were identified as Mark Ed Mapa, 27, single, jobless; Michael Tenchavez, 31, with live-in partner, jobless; Mae Heruela Tripole, 28, single, receptionist, all residents of Spring Valley, Buhangin; and Raymon Serapion, 27, with live-in partner, jobless, a resident of Barangay San Nicolas, Agdao.
Also arrested were Maria Lourdes Yap, 22, with live-in partner, a resident of Barangay San Nicolas, Agdao; Aiza Denia Narciso, 32, married, a resident, Hillside Subdivision, Bajada, and Ramil Callano de Leon, 39, married, a resident of Km. 7, Matina Pangi.
According to the report, in the two operations launched, police officers were able to buy 30 pieces each for a price of P156,000 and P124,500, respectively.
The suspects reportedly sold them at P5,200 and P4,150 each, which is above the suggested retail price of P3,400 based on DOH Department Circular 2020-0161.
Also seized from their possession were one Huawei Nova 5T, an iPhone 6, 60 pieces 9-volt Eveready batteries, and two dusted 500 peso bills, boodle money, and one Toyota Hi-Ace van.
The joint operation was conducted by Davao City Police Office-Special Operations Group, led by Maj. Milan Naz; City Intelligence Unit, led by Lt. Col. Noel Asumen; Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Davao City Field Unit, led by Maj. Milgrace Driz; Philippine Air Force, led by 1Lt. Manny Lisaran; and Regional Anti Cyber Crime unit XI, led by Col. Noel Espinosa.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, the city police director, said the operation stemmed from the information gathered by the Intelligence Unit of the Air Force. The suspects were reportedly selling the thermometers online.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission