Around 900 health workers are now housed in the lodging facilities prepared by the city government and the private sector.
Mayor Sara Duerte said in an interview with Davao City Disaster Radio on Thursday that as of Wednesday, 26 lodging facilities in the city have sheltered 867 health workers.
Vice Mayor Sebastian Duterte, who also helped healthcare workers secure a temporary unit, convinced one facility to accommodate 13 health workers and another facility to house 61 medical personnel.
This is in response to complaints by healthcare workers who were kicked out of their premises and experienced harassment in relation to their jobs.
“SPMC (Southern Philippines Medical Center) have smoothly dispatched and assigned healthcare workers to their lodging facilities,” she said.
She also said that some utilities, like beds, were also provided by the local government to health workers.
“We have some stock folding beds and beds usually utilized during DAVRAA and Palarong Pambansa. These were the beds used when there is a need for a rush of supplies of beds,” she said.
She said that as of Wednesday, 30 folding beds were referred to the SPMC.
The mayor also reiterated her warning to avoid discriminating health care workers as
they have been in the frontline battling the current pandemic.
On Thursday, Duterte personally visited healthcare workers during the Araw ng Kagitingan to express her moral support.
“The passion, interest, and skills of our health care workers to treat the patients are very vital for their recovery,” she said. “The decision of the doctors is a big contribution to the high recovery rate in the city.”
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success