Families who were not given assistance by the city government may be included in the Social Amelioration Program of the Department of Social Welfare and Development.
Mayor Sara Dutere on Tuesday, during a radio interview with Davao City Disaster Radio, hoped that the DSWD will also find those people who do not have agri-food cards, ration cards, or those who are not under the Tupad (Tulong Pangkabuhayan Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers) program.
The city mayor said there could be a total of 600,000 households that will benefit from the assistance provided by local and national government agencies. The city government, for instance, can only support grocery food packs to 350,000 households.
“I understand that they are also depending on the mandate of the national office–their central office– on how to identify the beneficiaries. Anything (assistance), like what the DUMPER (partylist), DSWD, DOLE on their Tupad (program), we are very thankful of that because it is really a big help,” Duterte said.
President Rodrigo Duterte previously announced that the Social Amelioration Program will no longer be downloaded to the politicians anymore.
On Monday, DSWD XI director Grace Subong said they are already finalizing the list of SAP beneficiaries in the region with an estimated 953,521 families in Davao region to receive the emergency subsidy. Of the total, 298,043 families in Davao City are target recipients of the P6,000 subsidy to be given twice during the months of April and May.
Duterte also offered the help of the city government to roll out the program.
“And I hope that it will be spread because that is what we are trying to do – to spread the available resources of the city,” she said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market