The city government already distributed 48,292 grocery food packs to the remaining barangays subject for the relief goods operation on Monday.
Mayor Sara Duterte said on Tuesday that the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) had dropped off the ration goods to Bago Gallera, Dumoy, Buhangin Proper, Bangkas Heights, Crossing Bayabas, Lubugan, Dalia, and Toril Proper.
Some barangays were directed to pick up the grocery packs allocated for their respective areas.
“They were already told to bring their trucks or if they do not have trucks, they can borrow, and then they can get the allotted grocery packs for them from the (city government’s) warehouses,” Duterte said.
Duterte said the new system will help speed up the distribution to hit the 350,000 food packs for the first round of relief goods operation before April 9.
She still needs to clarify whether the city government will continue the distribution even during the observation of the Holy Thursday and Good Friday.
Currently, Duterte said, there are around 40 to 50 trucks from the City Engineer’s Office (CEO) being used by CSWDO for distribution. Hot meal stations are still in operation every morning and afternoon of the week.
“We have around 196 (cauldrons) distributed to the 98 barangays for their distribution of hot meals (lugaw and lomi) during morning and afternoon,” she said.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy