The city government already distributed 48,292 grocery food packs to the remaining barangays subject for the relief goods operation on Monday.
Mayor Sara Duterte said on Tuesday that the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) had dropped off the ration goods to Bago Gallera, Dumoy, Buhangin Proper, Bangkas Heights, Crossing Bayabas, Lubugan, Dalia, and Toril Proper.
Some barangays were directed to pick up the grocery packs allocated for their respective areas.
“They were already told to bring their trucks or if they do not have trucks, they can borrow, and then they can get the allotted grocery packs for them from the (city government’s) warehouses,” Duterte said.
Duterte said the new system will help speed up the distribution to hit the 350,000 food packs for the first round of relief goods operation before April 9.
She still needs to clarify whether the city government will continue the distribution even during the observation of the Holy Thursday and Good Friday.
Currently, Duterte said, there are around 40 to 50 trucks from the City Engineer’s Office (CEO) being used by CSWDO for distribution. Hot meal stations are still in operation every morning and afternoon of the week.
“We have around 196 (cauldrons) distributed to the 98 barangays for their distribution of hot meals (lugaw and lomi) during morning and afternoon,” she said.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead