The city government already distributed 48,292 grocery food packs to the remaining barangays subject for the relief goods operation on Monday.
Mayor Sara Duterte said on Tuesday that the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) had dropped off the ration goods to Bago Gallera, Dumoy, Buhangin Proper, Bangkas Heights, Crossing Bayabas, Lubugan, Dalia, and Toril Proper.
Some barangays were directed to pick up the grocery packs allocated for their respective areas.
“They were already told to bring their trucks or if they do not have trucks, they can borrow, and then they can get the allotted grocery packs for them from the (city government’s) warehouses,” Duterte said.
Duterte said the new system will help speed up the distribution to hit the 350,000 food packs for the first round of relief goods operation before April 9.
She still needs to clarify whether the city government will continue the distribution even during the observation of the Holy Thursday and Good Friday.
Currently, Duterte said, there are around 40 to 50 trucks from the City Engineer’s Office (CEO) being used by CSWDO for distribution. Hot meal stations are still in operation every morning and afternoon of the week.
“We have around 196 (cauldrons) distributed to the 98 barangays for their distribution of hot meals (lugaw and lomi) during morning and afternoon,” she said.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year