A German national was arrested after he allegedly acted arrogantly toward the authorities who flagged him for not wearing a face mask in front of the Buhangin Public Market around 5 p.m. on Monday.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, identified him as Jochen Neubauer, 65, married, a resident of Ciudad Ezperanza, Barangay Cabantian, Buhangin.
According to the report, he was seen without a face mask while driving his motorcycle at the quarantine control point-2 along Tigatto road, Davao City.
He was endorsed to Buhangin Police Station for violating the existing implementation of Davao City EO No. 23, or “not wearing a protective face mask.”
Moreover, the foreigner also allegedly shouted at the officer who flagged him down. He also refused to give his driver’s license and other legal documents.
He was issued a temporary operator’s permit (TOP) with No. 20030715-5 for failure to wear a face mask, having an expired driver’s license, and failure to carry the OR-CR.
Neubauer was detained in the Buhangin Police Station.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months