Six individuals were caught in the act of playing card games in Sitio Santa Martha, Barangay Catalunan Grande at 3 p.m. on Monday in violation of the enhanced community quarantine order.
They were identified as Robert Darantinao Caingles, George Alfiche Alicabo, and Grecelo Amora, who face a case for violation of PD 1602 and RA 11332 or Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Disease and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act.
Also arrested were Lorencio Amora, Alfredo Amora, and Dante Similita.
The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group -Davao City Field Unit head and the Talomo Police Station worked together to arrest the suspects and seize the wager money amounting to P500.
Maj. Milgrace C. Driz, head of CIDG-Davao City, credited the barangay captain for tipping the police about the illegal activity.
“We have received several reports on infractions of such orders and violations of other laws pertaining to this public health emergency situations,” she said. “We will continue to run after the violators of these orders.”
“We are appealing to all law-abiding citizens to report these kinds of violations to us and let us help Davao City be CoViD-19 free,” she further said.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories