Six individuals were caught in the act of playing card games in Sitio Santa Martha, Barangay Catalunan Grande at 3 p.m. on Monday in violation of the enhanced community quarantine order.
They were identified as Robert Darantinao Caingles, George Alfiche Alicabo, and Grecelo Amora, who face a case for violation of PD 1602 and RA 11332 or Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Disease and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act.
Also arrested were Lorencio Amora, Alfredo Amora, and Dante Similita.
The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group -Davao City Field Unit head and the Talomo Police Station worked together to arrest the suspects and seize the wager money amounting to P500.
Maj. Milgrace C. Driz, head of CIDG-Davao City, credited the barangay captain for tipping the police about the illegal activity.
“We have received several reports on infractions of such orders and violations of other laws pertaining to this public health emergency situations,” she said. “We will continue to run after the violators of these orders.”
“We are appealing to all law-abiding citizens to report these kinds of violations to us and let us help Davao City be CoViD-19 free,” she further said.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online