Mayor Sara Duterte described as malicious the photo of President Rodrigo Duterte taking a selfie with health workers in Davao City.
The photo has been circulating online and has been used by some people to criticize her father, especially after the social distancing protocol being espoused by the government.
The city mayor in her statement released on Sunday said that the spontaneous ‘selfie’ session of President Duterte with some health workers was taken early in March 2017. It happened when he visited a private hospital after his grandchild, Stonefish, was born.
“This photo has been going the rounds in social media now and presented to appear like it was recently taken,” she said.
The city mayor added that it is malicious and presented to confuse the public and stir outrage against the President.
“It tastes poorly as the country is fighting against the spread of the deadly Covid-19 infection. The use of this photo to attack the President shows the desperation of anti-Duterte groups,” Mayor Duterte said.
Duterte also said it also shows their disrespect of the sacrifices of the healthcare workers who are on the frontlines.
She said that this kind of political attack in the time of health crisis “deserves nothing but our outright rejection and condemnation.”
“Our common enemy is toxic and deadly enough. We should not allow our common resolve to overcome this health crisis be poisoned by the political toxicity of those who are against the government,” Duterte said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon