The Naval Forces Eastern Mindanao (NFEM) is already preparing the Barko ng Republika ng Pilipinas (BRP) ang Pangulo’ (ACS 25) to convert it into a quarantine ship on the instructions of President Duterte.
Commodore Antonio Palces, NFEM commander, said the captain of the ship, Commander Marissa Martinez, is preparing all the necessary documents on her plan on how to do about the measures.
The ACS 25 is currently docked at NFEM in Davao, where the operational base of the Presidential Security Group is located.
“In the VIP lounge, she has the intention to place the divisions, dividers, in case needed, where the persons under monitoring and persons under investigation will be placed,” Palces said.
The ship has two main divisions–cabin A and Cabin B–along with separate comfort rooms.
“The plan is in that area, the health workers will rest and sleep while the patients will be at the VIP lounge,” he added.
He is also waiting for the logistical requirements prepared by Martinez to be submitted to the Navy for funding.
“We are doing it already,” he added.
The BRP Ang Pangulo can accommodate 28 patients, including medical staff per the commanding officer’s estimate although subject to confirmation by health experts.
Palces said the ship has been disinfected already by the City Health office. He also said the three-meter social distancing will still be observed inside. More or less 50 Navy personnel are assigned inside the ship.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead