Davao City now has 65 confirmed cases of COVID-19, the Department of Health in the region said.
Of this number, there were 11 individuals who succumbed to the disease, while 17 of which have already recovered as of April 5, Sunday.
In the region, 80 individuals are recorded to have acquired COVID-19. Three new cases were recorded.
Of the total, 21 individuals already recovered while there are 11 mortalities recorded.
Davao del Norte has nine cases, Davao del Sur has two with one recovery, Davao de Oro with one who already recovered, Davao Oriental with three, of which two already recovered, and Davao Occidental with still no new reported COVID-19 positive patient.
In the data, it can be noticed that there are now more recoveries than mortalities recorded.
In a recent interview, Dr. Lenny Joy Rivera, DOH XI assistant regional director, explained that this is because some of these COVID-19 positive patients were already given remedy earlier when they experienced symptoms. She said that some of them consulted as early as possible. This prevented them from becoming critical or severe patients.
“We were able to detect them earlier that’s why we have given them the proper remedy as soon as possible,” she said.
As for the mortalities, she said that most of them have co-morbidities that triggered their unexpected deaths. She said that an established disease can also be crucial for those with COVID-19.
- Concepcion, Austriaco ask IATF to begin pandemic exit plan for Ph
- ROUGH CUTS | The Garcia dominance’s acid test
- Only 150,000 received booster shots | mayor
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Group welcomes House approval to place of DavNor, Maco under DLPC
- 2 nabbed for marijuana
- House gives final nod on bill allowing DLPC to serve DN
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 26, 2022
- Converge leads Netflix’ ISP Speed Index in December 2021
- Concepcion, experts urge return to pre-omicron protocols