Davao City now has 65 confirmed cases of COVID-19, the Department of Health in the region said.
Of this number, there were 11 individuals who succumbed to the disease, while 17 of which have already recovered as of April 5, Sunday.
In the region, 80 individuals are recorded to have acquired COVID-19. Three new cases were recorded.
Of the total, 21 individuals already recovered while there are 11 mortalities recorded.
Davao del Norte has nine cases, Davao del Sur has two with one recovery, Davao de Oro with one who already recovered, Davao Oriental with three, of which two already recovered, and Davao Occidental with still no new reported COVID-19 positive patient.
In the data, it can be noticed that there are now more recoveries than mortalities recorded.
In a recent interview, Dr. Lenny Joy Rivera, DOH XI assistant regional director, explained that this is because some of these COVID-19 positive patients were already given remedy earlier when they experienced symptoms. She said that some of them consulted as early as possible. This prevented them from becoming critical or severe patients.
“We were able to detect them earlier that’s why we have given them the proper remedy as soon as possible,” she said.
As for the mortalities, she said that most of them have co-morbidities that triggered their unexpected deaths. She said that an established disease can also be crucial for those with COVID-19.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?