An alleged drug pusher was killed while another was arrested in separate buy-busts in Lower Madapo cemetery and Sasa on Saturday.
Maj. Jack Tilcag, the commander of the San Pedro Police Station, identified the slain suspect as Alexander Impas, 24, jobless, a resident of Lower Madapo, Barangay 8-A.
Elements of the San Pedro Police Station Drug Enforcement Team (SDET) and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency-Davao City conducted the joint buy-bust operation at Lower Madapo Cemetery around 12:35 a.m.
The undercover agent successfully bought five plastic sachets containing dried marijuana leaves from Impas in exchange for P500 and two bogus P1,000 bills. When he was about to be arrested, the suspect allegedly pulled a revolver under the pillow of his nipa house and fired toward the operatives.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives found the .38 revolver allegedly used by the suspect, along with the fired cartridge and five live ammo in the cylinder. They also found on .9mm fired cartridge and one rolled manila paper containing dried marijuana leaves and seeds.
The suspect reportedly had records for motorcycle theft and robbery.
“The notorious suspect who was responsible for the said thievery incidents was identified through CCTV footage gathered and presented to this office by his victims,” Tilcag said.
His remains were brought to Angel Funeral Homes.
Meanwhile, another drug suspect was arrested in an operation at Km. 12, Muslim Area, Sagrada Familia, Sasa, at 7:30 a.m.
Maj. Milan Naz, the chief of City Drug Enforcement Unit and Special Operations Group, identified him as Rodrigo Alfar, 27, a resident of the area.
The suspect reportedly handed P500 worth of shabu to the poseur-buyer. Seized from his possession were another small sachet of shabu, buy-bust/boodle money, and a Vivo Y11 Cellular Phone. Police claimed that they recovered P27,000 worth of drugs from Alfar.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB