The demand for delivery services has increased in the city due to the community quarantine brought about by COVID-19 pandemic, and online retailers have been trying to respond to the demand.
In a press statement, Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (DCCCII) President John Carlo Tria said: “A number of delivery and courier service providers like Errands Davao have told us that they are facing is the shortage of riders due to the overwhelming demand from customers, or are limiting their services since they cannot cater to the large demand.”
Tria said the situation has also created an opportunity for farmers to profit from the rising demand and for motorcycle drivers to have a source of income during the community quarantine.
“This is good for our farmers as we enter the harvest season. They will have steady customers as demand continues to rise to meet supply, and good for our restaurants,” he said. “We encourage those who own motorcycles to take advantage of this opportunity to apply for jobs
in these companies.”
He acknowledged the importance of markets during the time of the pandemic since they provide the surging demand for basic needs and prime commodities of the people that is why they should continue running.
For these businesses, one way of responding to the rising demands is by utilizing social media or any online platform for delivery services as said in the advisory of DCCCII posted on their Facebook page.
DCCCII encouraged businesses to make use of the technology in their operations amid the pandemic by using social media, online channels, and delivery services.
One of the businesses that heeded to their call is the New City Commercial Center (NCCC) supermarket which will be having their groceries delivered to their customer’s houses to provide convenience and safety while providing services.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?