An Order Providing for the Guidelines of an Enhanced Community Quarantine
WHEREAS, the World Health Organization declared a pandemic on the spread of the Covid-19 virus infection;
WHEREAS, President Duterte issued Presidential Proclamation 922 to put the country in a State of Public Health Emergency in relation to National Security;
WHEREAS, President Duterte issued Presidential Proclamation 929 and declared a State of Calamity in the entire country for a period of six months;
WHEREAS, Section 16 of Republic Act No. 7160 also known as the Local Government Code provides that within their respective territorial jurisdictions, local government units shall ensure and promote health and safety and preserve the comfort and convenience of their inhabitants;
WHEREAS, the Epidemiologist and Infectious Disease Specialist doctors demand that people stay in their houses to arrest the spread of infection;
WHEREAS, it becomes necessary to supplement existing community quarantine guidelines under Executive Order 20-A Series of 2020 and impose stricter measures for this purpose.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, SARA Z. DUTERTE, Mayor of Davao City, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the following:
SECTION 1. DECLARATION. There is a need to implement an ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE (ECQ) for the suppression of the spread of Covid-19 infection in Davao City beginning 9:00PM of 4 April 2020 until 11:59PM of 19 April 2020 unless further extended or sooner withdrawn.
SECTION 2. ADOPTION. The following provisions are reiterated from Executive Order No. 20-A, Section 1 (1), (3) b, c, d, e, (4), (5), (11), (13), (14), (15), (17), (18), (19), (20) and Covid-19 RTF Order 001-A-1.
SECTION 3. GUIDELINES. The following are amendatory and suppletory guidelines to Executive Order No. 20-A, as follows:
1. All government offices must work from home and leave minimal employees to continue work in offices except those involved in security, health, social services, sanitation, and disaster, who must continue to work on full operation;
2. All private establishments and offices must close EXCEPT groceries, supermarkets, wet markets/palengkes, food commissaries, food processing or manufacturing, food delivery services, wholesale food outlets, convenience stores, sari-sari stores, hospitals, medical laboratories, pharmacies, drugstores, other health services/personnel, banks and ATMs, savings and credit cooperatives, money-transfer services and bayad centers, pawnshops, courier services, other delivery services, doctor’s and dentist’s clinics, gas stations, water refilling stations, LPG stations, business process outsourcing/call centers, funeral parlors, cemeteries, and mass media outlets. Whenever possible, skeletal workforce arrangement must be implemented and at all times physical distancing between employees must be observed;
3. All other business establishments and private offices not mentioned but are considered essential sectors, including but not limited to energy, water, telecommunications, cargo, must work only for preventive maintenance and during emergencies;
4. Manufacturing, fabrication, construction work that is not pertinent to the food sector, the state of public health emergency and state of calamity response should immediately cease operation. Agri-business and farms should reduce workload and extend their deadlines to significantly reduce laborers in the job site and to create a two-meter distance between laborers;
5. Ambulant food vendors who are using different modes of transportation to sell basic food commodities in the barangays shall be allowed. Basic food commodities shall mean rice, bread, meat, poultry, fish, fruits and vegetables, cooking oil and other food condiments. There must be a maximum of 2 workers, 1 driver and 1 assistant who shall wear face masks and shall implement proper food handling;
6. All jeepneys must stop their operation except those hired to work for the government, offices and businesses that are open during the ECQ and those hauling cargo;
7. These forms of transportation are allowed:
a. Private vehicles and Taxis with 1 driver and 1 passenger in front and 1 at the back, observing physical distancing;
b. Tricycle with 1 driver and 1 passenger in front and 1 at the back, observing distancing;
c. Single rider motorcycle or bicycle;
d. Free bus rides from the government;
8. All individuals on the streets must carry and, whenever asked by law enforcement or barangay checkpoints, must present their employee ID OR food and medicine pass with valid ID whichever is applicable;
9. No liquor and any other alcoholic or intoxicating drinks shall be sold, served, or consumed in public 24 hours of the day during the state of public emergency. This shall commence on 6:00PM of 7 April 2020;
10.The curfew hours shall be from 6:00PM to 6:00AM. Within the curfew hours, people cannot go out of their houses, except in cases of emergencies or if going to work in the exempted sectors/frontline offices. This shall commence on 6:00PM of 7 April 2020;
11.There is no need for any ID or pass in the event of an emergency;
12.The following workers are exempted from curfew, those employed in government offices related to security, health, social services, sanitation, and disaster, 24-hour groceries/convenience stores, wet markets/palengkes, food commissaries, food processing or manufacturing, food delivery services, hospitals, medical laboratories, pharmacies, drugstores, other health services/personnel, doctor’s and dentist’s clinics, gas stations, funeral parlors and mass media outlets;
13.The food and medicine pass (FM pass) shall be used to buy food, medicines or go to the hospital. Two individuals can be named on the pass but only 1 named person therein can use it at any given time. FM pass can only be used from the hours of 6:00AM to 6:00PM. This shall commence on 6:00PM of 7April 2020;
14. No minor, senior citizen, pregnant women, sick, and immunocompromised individuals, can go out of the residence or dwelling except to go to the hospital, medical, or allied medical institutions. Those who live alone may get an FM pass or whenever possible and if appropriate, ask a neighbor or a friend to help them buy food and medicines. Whenever possible, employers must assign their senior citizens to work from home;
15. Individuals are allowed to exercise or go out into the sun or get some fresh air provided that they are within a few meters from their residence or dwelling;
16. All beach resorts and inland water resorts must be closed until further notice;
SECTION 4. SEPARABILITY CLAUSE. If any provision of this Executive Order is declared invalid or unconstitutional, the other provisions not affected thereby shall remain valid and subsisting.
SECTION 5. REPEALING CLAUSE. All orders or parts thereof which are inconsistent with the provisions of this Executive Order are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
SECTION 6. EFFECTIVITY. This order shall take effect immediately.
Done this 2nd of April 2020 in Davao City, Philippines.
SARA Z. DUTERTE
ATTY. ZULEIKA T. LOPEZ