The Libreng Sakay will extend its hours of service to cater to workers exempted from the enhanced community quarantine during curfew hours.
Mayor Sara Duterte said that this is in response to some of the workers’ questions on how to access a ride past the curfew hours.
“There are employees who are working until past curfew hours, that is why we extended the services of our Libreng Sakay buses,” she said.
From Mondays to Fridays, the Libreng Sakay buses will still be available from 7 p.m. – 12 a.m. following the routes of Toril, Calinan, Lasang, Cabantian and Mandug.
She said this will cater those who are still out during the curfew period, since the mass transportation has been cancelled amid the implementation of an enhanced community quarantine.
The City Transport and Traffic Management Office has also released a schedule for the buses departure areas and routes.
For the Toril route, the departure area will be Magallanes Elementary School. A Metro Shuttle bus will be waiting for passengers. It will pass through Magallanes Elementary School, to Quimpo Boulevard, SM Ecoland, McArthur Highway, Matina Crossing, Bangkal, Ulas, Puan, Bago, and then to Toril Barangay Hall.
The Calinan route’s departure area will be at the Unicity in San Pedro Street. A Metro Shuttle will also be transporting passengers to their destination. From San Pedro Street, it will pass through Bankerohan, McArthur Highway, Matina Crossing, Bangkal, Ulas, Mintal, Tugbok, and then will stop at Calinan Gaisano Grand Mall.
For the Lasang route, the departure area will be at Bolton Street beside Rizal Park. A LCI bus will be shuttling the employees. It will pass through Pichon Street, CM Recto, JP Laurel Avenue, Lanang, Sasa, Panacan, Tibungco, Bunawan and then Lasang.
For the Cabantian route, the departure will be at the San Pedro Cathedral. A Golden Valley Bus is assigned to shuttle workers to their homes. It will pass through Bolton Street, Pichon, Quezon Boulevard, Magsaysay Park, Leon Garcia Avenue, Agdao Flyover, Villamor Street, Dacudao Avenue, Quiñones Road, Milan, Cabantian and then to NCCC Cabantian.
For the Mandug Route, the departure area will be at Pichon Street at the back of the Sangguniang Panlungsod building. A Golden Valley bus will be transporting the passengers. It will pass through CM Recto Avenue, JP Laurel Avenue, Buhangin Flyover, Quiñones Road, Mandug Road, Tigatto and then to Mandug proper.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success