The Davao art community launched two initiatives to help fellow artists and a local hospital that is affected by the corona virus pandemic. Jeffrey Wee, creator of Best of Davao website (bestofdavao.com.ph) and renowned photographer, launched an online exhibition entitled Distance last March 28, 2020. The online exhibition is currently calling for submission from Davao artists, professional or enthusiasts alike, to submit their works.
Chosen artworks will then be curated for the online exhibit that will be under pay per view as well as art works being for sale. On the other hand, visual artist and gallery owner, Alfred Galvez of Art Portal Gallery launched the Davao Artists for the Frontliners on March 31, 2020 as an art fund raising event for A Generous Davao, a local private initiative group that aims to support the Southern Philippines Medical Center and to serve as an aide for Davao artists affected livelihood. Artists who join the art fund raising has an option to give 50% or 100% of their sales to the cause. Both art initiatives are found on Facebook and has already garnered a strong support from the community.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed