The Davao art community launched two initiatives to help fellow artists and a local hospital that is affected by the corona virus pandemic. Jeffrey Wee, creator of Best of Davao website (bestofdavao.com.ph) and renowned photographer, launched an online exhibition entitled Distance last March 28, 2020. The online exhibition is currently calling for submission from Davao artists, professional or enthusiasts alike, to submit their works.
Chosen artworks will then be curated for the online exhibit that will be under pay per view as well as art works being for sale. On the other hand, visual artist and gallery owner, Alfred Galvez of Art Portal Gallery launched the Davao Artists for the Frontliners on March 31, 2020 as an art fund raising event for A Generous Davao, a local private initiative group that aims to support the Southern Philippines Medical Center and to serve as an aide for Davao artists affected livelihood. Artists who join the art fund raising has an option to give 50% or 100% of their sales to the cause. Both art initiatives are found on Facebook and has already garnered a strong support from the community.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission