The city government of Tagum has ordered the temporary closure of its public market for a period of six days for disinfection starting Monday, April 6 after someone who went to the facility was found positive o the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
In a statement released by the Tagum City government on its Facebook page on Friday, it said that the Tagum City Public Market will be closed starting April 6 until April 12.
A “market-wide decontamination activity” will be done in the scheduled period as it was found out that a confirmed COVID-19 positive patient recently visited the public market.
“It was found out through the contact tracing that we have been conducting that one of the patients positive for COVID-19 in the city has been and dwelled for a while in the market,” it said.
It also said that this is also due to the recommendation of the market stall owners and vendors who conducted a “signature drive” which was also sent to the city government to vent out their concerns about the disobedience of the people in the set guidelines for social distancing in the city.
“Because of this it was decided by their association (public market) to temporarily close the Tagum City Public Market for a period of one week,” the statement said.
It said this period will be used by their City Economic Enterprises Office, City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, and City Health Office “to sanitize and decontaminate the market.”
The operation of the public market will resume on April 13 and upon the resumption of its operation, policies set to prevent the spread of COVID-19 will still continuously be observed by the public.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?