The Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) is still open for personal protective equipment (PPE) donations for its frontliners as it is the main hospital in Mindanao that is designated to treat coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) patients.
Dr. Leopoldo Vega, hospital chief, said that each health worker is using 25 PPE as they continue to accommodate patients.
He said health workers must always dispose of their PPE after using these and relacing these with new ones.
For moderate Covid-19 patients, he said that around 10 to 15 PPEs per health worker are given to them. For mild cases, about five PPEs are provided per health worker.
“That’s how much it would be for our medical health workers. This is to make sure that they will not be contaminated with the virus, since they are the ones facing and interacting with patients,” he said.
The PPEs, Vega said, can boost the confidence of health workers in attending to Covid-19 patients.
He said that the hospital received several donations from suppliers and from the national government.
He also said that they have already identified a mode of procurement for the supplies of PPEs. “How can we sustain this? The only way to get this is to get a steady supply of inventory from the mode of procurement. We have already identified who can do that,” he said.
But he said the hospital is still open for donations.
He said some PPEs will also be given to other hospitals to ensure also that they will be safe from Covid-19 and other infectious diseases.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant