The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) has vowed to intensify its campaign against criminality as the city is preparing for the implementation of the enhanced community quarantine.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, DCPO director, however, is confident the police unit is prepared for any eventuality as he noted that the crimes committed, particularly stealing, have continued to be few.
“The robbery incident remains down, ” Kraft said.
Kraft said the police unit will intensify monitoring of workplaces as desperate individuals might take advantage of the situation as workers, both in government and the private sector, are required to work at home or not work at all, unless they are part of the so-called essential sectors.
Based on the data of the police unit, during the middle part until the last part of last month, there were only three robbery cases and all these cases were solved. Last year, during the same period, there were eight cases and five were solved.
Meanwhile, Major Jason Baria, commander of the Toril Police Station, denied having received an information about the plan of some individuals to loot commercial establishments, including rice warehouses and the wet market.
Baria, however, did not discount the possibility of people taking advantage of the situation and rob some establishments, especially because there were reports that some merchants have stopped selling rice.
“That is why our intelligence operatives are monitoring the ground (on the movement of some desperate individuals),” he added.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1