The Department of Health revealed that Davao City already 16 recoveries from COVID-19.
As of April 1, the DOH bared that the city has 49 confirmed cases with nine deaths. In the region, there are already 61 cases, two of whom are new patients. The total toll rose to nine with 18 recoveries.
Davao del Norte has six confirmed cases, Davao del Sur with two, Davao de Oro with one, and Davao Oriental with three. Davao Occidental remains the only province with zero cases.
Mayor Sara Duterte in an interview with Davao City Disaster Radio bared that the Southern Philippines Medical Center has about 58 COVID-19 related patients, 32 of whom are positive cases while the remaining 26 are persons under investigation (PUIs).
The city has 286 beds ready to accommodate persons under investigation who will be referred by the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC).
The city government previously identified some areas to function as PUI centers to help decongest the SPMC. These centers have already passed the final inspection of the Department of Health.
The Malagos Rehabilitation Center has 30 rooms; the Alternative Learning School (ALS) beside People’s Park has 59 rooms; La Vida Hotel has 37 rooms, and Queensland Hotel has 160 rooms.
“These are our dedicated areas on where we will put the PUIs. We will no longer include SPMC because it is under the control of the Department of Health,” Duterte said.
Duterte also said these still do not include the two other identified PUI centers currently being prepared by the city government.
“These do not yet include the number from BSP and the ones being constructed by EMCOR,” she said, noting that it might reach to over 300 beds in total.
Dutere said that the Queensland Hotel does have any patients yet, while 13 PUIs are already admitted in Malagos Rehabilitation Center and four PUIs in Lavida Hotel. (With Warren Elijah Valdez)
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories