The local government is planning to bring back the trisibot to roam around barangays to sell essential products once the city will be placed under the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), an official said.
Mayor Sara Duterte said that they intend to bring it back during the ECQ as it will help in minimizing the possibility of the people to go out and go to the public markets.
Trisibots are modified pedicabs typically using a Kobuta marine engine. But they are banned by the Land Transportation Office as the engine was not designed for road use.
“They will put fish (and other products) and then they will call out (customers) just like the balut (vendors). If the balut vendors are using a tricycle, the vendors on this will be using trisibots,” she said.
“They will be a big help in declogging our public markets,” Duterte added.
However, the trisibot operators could not sell anything else other than basic food commodities. It is also one way to help those daily wage earners whose income were severely disrupted by the coronavirus. They also need to comply with the requirements demanded from rolling stores.
“[J]ust like our strict requirements to the rolling palengke, we would also be strict on the hygiene requirements of the food products being sold on mobile in our puroks and barangays,” she said.
The city already gave a private sector the go signal to roll out three trucks that will bring frozen meat products, vegetables, and fruits to the communities. The mayor said she was informed that these rolling stores are targeting to go to the barangays this weekend.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence