The regional office of the Department of Trade and Industry has not found a violator to the price freeze order among big retailers.
DTI Regional Director Maria Belinda Ambi said last week that based on the monitoring of the agency, all big retailers followed the order.
On its implication, Ambi said, “I think ang message nga ginapaabot ana is atong mga establishments, they are practicing social responsibility in this time na kinahanglan nato magtinabangay.”
Since the declaration of the country under a State of Public Health Emergency through the Proclamation no. 922, Series of 2020, the prices of basic commodities must remain in their r prevailing levels until May 8.
“Pag declare pa lang og (State of) Public Health Emergency, naay gihimo nga price freeze ang national government agencies,” she said. “We’ll be doing regular monitoring, there will also be individual monitoring to check the level of production.”
The agency is only monitoring basic commodities in big outlets, she said. The Department of Agriculture monitors prices of agricultural products, while the Food and Drugs Administration monitors medical supplies.
Although there are no violators yet, Ambi reassured the public that their office is open for any concerns or complaints. Thhose who have complaints may contact the agency through its email, firstname.lastname@example.org; landline, (082) 224-0511; or on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/DTI.RegionXI/
Ambi urged all establishments to participate. “Panawagan nato sa mga establishments karon kung pwede na dili mag-take advantage (sa) atong crisis situation right now. I think this is the time na kinahanglan kita tanan magtinabangay and importante ang cooperation sa atong mga traders, retailers, ug uban pang tindahan,” she said.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC