Despite the three confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection in the City of Mati, health authorities said on Tuesday that they still have not monitored any local transmission of the disease.
As of March 30, the city has recorded 17 persons under investigations (PUIs), where four have already been cleared. There were also 109 persons under monitoring as of 12 noon of March 30.
Dr. Ben Hur Catbagan Jr., Mati’s Incident Management Command head, said on Tuesday that all PUIs are monitored and in stable condition. While all PUMs are still not showing any symptoms.
The PUIs are set to be tested this week.
Catbagan said the two patients are still in recovering in the Davao Regional Medical Center in Tagum City. The third case is a female patient who underwent home quarantine for two weeks. She showed flu-like symptoms and underwent testing. However, her condition already improved even before the results came out.
But as a protocol, the patient was transported to the Davao Regional Medical Center for further evaluation.
The local government, meanwhile, is rehabilitating the Milagrosa Retreat House in Pahamutang, Matiao to house the PUIs. The property is owned by the Archdiocese of Mati and is offered for free by Mati Bishop Abel Apigo.
The renovation will be finished in 3-4 weeks. But there are other facilities in the City of Mati that will also be used, pending approval by the local government and the Department of Education.
The Mati Incident Management Command had also submitted its sixth-month COVID-19 contingency plan to Mayor Michelle Nakpil Rabat for review.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories