Six individuals allegedly selling overpriced disinfectant alcohol were arrested in two separate entrapment operations conducted along Pichon Street and Aurora Street, Barangay 36-D on Monday night.
Armalyn Asabdani Yap, 27, online seller, and a resident of No. 19, Barangay 31-D; Marlon Bagcat Noval, 42, driver, and Alicia Bagcat Noval, 66, both residents of Tangigue Street, Barangay Lapu-Lapu, Agdao, were arrested in front of Grand Men Seng Hotel at 5:45 p.m.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group -Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-CFU), said that they confiscated from the suspects 1,032 pieces of 50 ml unlabeled isopropyl alcohol and P500 cash.
Meanwhile, Cindy Jumalon Raganit, 33, online seller, and a resident of 813 Aurora Street, Barangay 36-D; Aida Delos Santos Alentiojo, 32, housewife, and Benjamin Trinidad Paye Jr, 40, driver, both residents Del Carmen Seaside 2, Matina Aplaya fell in a dragnet operation at 7:40 p.m. along Aurora Street.
Confiscated from the suspects were 108 pieces of 4000 ml of 70% ethyl alcohol with a selling price of P720. The suggested retail price for each bottle is on P594.
Also seized from the suspects were 50 pieces of N95 face mask, which they sold at P250 each from the retail price of P105.
“We already received numerous complaints on our FB page from concerned citizens about these overpriced medical products and supplies,” Driz said. “They should take advantage of our emergency health crisis (to profit).”
The entrapment operation was conducted by CIDG 11-DCFU, Sta. Ana Police station, Regional Anti-Cybercrime Unit, Davao City Police Office-City Intelligence Unit, Special Operations Group, Philippine Air Force.
The detained suspects will face a case for violation of RA 7581 Price Act of 1992 as amended by RA 10623.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls