Six individuals allegedly selling overpriced disinfectant alcohol were arrested in two separate entrapment operations conducted along Pichon Street and Aurora Street, Barangay 36-D on Monday night.
Armalyn Asabdani Yap, 27, online seller, and a resident of No. 19, Barangay 31-D; Marlon Bagcat Noval, 42, driver, and Alicia Bagcat Noval, 66, both residents of Tangigue Street, Barangay Lapu-Lapu, Agdao, were arrested in front of Grand Men Seng Hotel at 5:45 p.m.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group -Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-CFU), said that they confiscated from the suspects 1,032 pieces of 50 ml unlabeled isopropyl alcohol and P500 cash.
Meanwhile, Cindy Jumalon Raganit, 33, online seller, and a resident of 813 Aurora Street, Barangay 36-D; Aida Delos Santos Alentiojo, 32, housewife, and Benjamin Trinidad Paye Jr, 40, driver, both residents Del Carmen Seaside 2, Matina Aplaya fell in a dragnet operation at 7:40 p.m. along Aurora Street.
Confiscated from the suspects were 108 pieces of 4000 ml of 70% ethyl alcohol with a selling price of P720. The suggested retail price for each bottle is on P594.
Also seized from the suspects were 50 pieces of N95 face mask, which they sold at P250 each from the retail price of P105.
“We already received numerous complaints on our FB page from concerned citizens about these overpriced medical products and supplies,” Driz said. “They should take advantage of our emergency health crisis (to profit).”
The entrapment operation was conducted by CIDG 11-DCFU, Sta. Ana Police station, Regional Anti-Cybercrime Unit, Davao City Police Office-City Intelligence Unit, Special Operations Group, Philippine Air Force.
The detained suspects will face a case for violation of RA 7581 Price Act of 1992 as amended by RA 10623.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories