Six individuals allegedly selling overpriced disinfectant alcohol were arrested in two separate entrapment operations conducted along Pichon Street and Aurora Street, Barangay 36-D on Monday night.
Armalyn Asabdani Yap, 27, online seller, and a resident of No. 19, Barangay 31-D; Marlon Bagcat Noval, 42, driver, and Alicia Bagcat Noval, 66, both residents of Tangigue Street, Barangay Lapu-Lapu, Agdao, were arrested in front of Grand Men Seng Hotel at 5:45 p.m.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group -Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-CFU), said that they confiscated from the suspects 1,032 pieces of 50 ml unlabeled isopropyl alcohol and P500 cash.
Meanwhile, Cindy Jumalon Raganit, 33, online seller, and a resident of 813 Aurora Street, Barangay 36-D; Aida Delos Santos Alentiojo, 32, housewife, and Benjamin Trinidad Paye Jr, 40, driver, both residents Del Carmen Seaside 2, Matina Aplaya fell in a dragnet operation at 7:40 p.m. along Aurora Street.
Confiscated from the suspects were 108 pieces of 4000 ml of 70% ethyl alcohol with a selling price of P720. The suggested retail price for each bottle is on P594.
Also seized from the suspects were 50 pieces of N95 face mask, which they sold at P250 each from the retail price of P105.
“We already received numerous complaints on our FB page from concerned citizens about these overpriced medical products and supplies,” Driz said. “They should take advantage of our emergency health crisis (to profit).”
The entrapment operation was conducted by CIDG 11-DCFU, Sta. Ana Police station, Regional Anti-Cybercrime Unit, Davao City Police Office-City Intelligence Unit, Special Operations Group, Philippine Air Force.
The detained suspects will face a case for violation of RA 7581 Price Act of 1992 as amended by RA 10623.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success