I appeal to the employers of workers impacted by the community quarantine and the upcoming enhanced community quarantine because of Covid-19 to show compassion to their employees.
I strongly urge these employers to provide the most needed food assistance to their employees affected by the measures we have implemented and will implement in order to stop the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
We’ve been taught that charity starts at home, so instead of making donations somewhere else, I appeal that you see through the plight of your workers, provide them with food assistance, and help them survive the crisis that swept through sectors and classes — but severely, those who barely make ends meet, including your workers.
Employers of workers who are still allowed to report for duty during the ECQ are also requested to provide transportation that will ferry their employees to and from work, with strict observation of proper distancing. It is encouraged for them to commission PUJs and hire drivers left out of work because of Covid-19. It would be an act of goodwill that would be deeply appreciated.
The world did not expect Covid-19 to happen but it did — and it unleashed unprecedented havoc to all of us.
Now we all need to come together to ensure that the intervention of the local government of Davao will reach and cover all families in the city, particularly those who have less.
By helping your workers, you are also helping the City Government of Davao reach out to more people who are in need of food assistance and others.
In this way, we make sure that no one is out of food, that no Dabawenyo will starve until April 30, 2020.
The fight against the deadly Covid-19 is tough, but we will overcome this health crisis just like the way we did with the past challenges that came our way. Truly, there is nothing insurmountable for us. We only need to cooperate and help each other.
We are Dabawenyos. We have always shown that our hearts are for each other and for our city.
Collectively, our spirit as a people has been and will always be indestructible.
Mayor Inday Sara Duterte
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success