Nineteen of the 22 patients admitted in one of the persons under investigation (PUI) centers were already sent home to self-quarantine.
In an interview with Davao City Disaster Radio on Monday, Mayor Sara Duterte said that the Malagos Rehabilitation Center can accommodate up to 28 PUIs.
“Now, we the Malagos rehab center has become spacious again as we sent those 19 individuals home,” she said.
She also said that the Alternative Learning System center will start to cater to positive COVID-19 patients who are asymptomatic and those who only have mild symptoms.
“ALS can be the sanctuary of those COVID/19 positive patients who are only experiencing mild symptoms,” she said.
Some facilities like the La Vida Inn, Bureau of Fire Protection, and Queensland are also readying their facilities. She also reached out to other hotel owners but they declined as they were not ready.
“And now I have contacted another person requesting for a facility,” she said. “These centers will be in preparation in case of surge, which we wish will never happen.”
Meanwhile, the Southern Philippines Medical Center has utilized its main building for COVID-19 patients only. Visitors are already banned from the building, except for one watcher. The Department of Health has now categorized patients to their assigned centers, Duterte said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market