City Hall has issued an executive order extending the suspension of all domestic air travels to and from the city.
Mayor Sara Duterte signed on Monday Executive Order No. 22, which is the “declaration and order for the suspension of all domestic air travel to and from Davao City.”
Under the EO, Duterte said there is a need to extend the suspension of domestic air travel at Davao International Airport to control the number of positive COVID-19 patients in the city.
“The Epidemiologists and Infectious Disease Specialists are unable to estimate when the acceleration phase of the Covid19 will happen and when it can be controlled,” the EO read.
The following international and domestic air travel to and from Davao City shall be exempted from the coverage of Executive Orders No. 12 and 13:
A) Cargo flights
B) Medical Evacuations (Air Ambulance)
C) Weather Mitigation Flights
D) Maintenance flights
E) Government and Military Flights
F) For emergency landing:
– All crews and passengers will not disembark as much as possible;
– If disembarkation is needed, crews and passengers will be contained in an isolation room in the airport.
G) Recovery flights for expatriates provided that each flight is subjected to prior clearance by the City Government of Davao
It also said that the suspension will only be lifted after the State of Public Health Emergency is lifted or recommended by the epidemiologist and infectious disease specialists.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls