Employees who are affected by the community quarantine can take the free bus rides implemented by the City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO).
The CTTMO yesterday started the “Libreng Sakay” program to accommodate individuals who continue to render duties on agencies and establishments considered as essential in the recently issued executive order by the city government.
In an interview with the Davao City Disaster Radio yesterday (Monday), CTTMO chief Dionisio Abude said the service was an initiative of Mayor Sara Duterte to provide services to employees still working on duty amid the threat of COVID-19.
“This is an instruction of Mayor Sara (Duterte) for our office to coordinate with various companies in order to provide free transportation to the public,” he said.
The city mayor had previously issued an executive order for the temporary closure of some establishments to minimize mass gatherings and possible spread of the infectious disease.
Abude noted that only those individuals working in the companies identified by the guideline of the previously issued executive order can avail of the free bus ride.
Those who can ride the bus are employees of drugstores, supermarkets, convenience stores, construction hardware stores, bayad centers, banks, hospitals, medical laboratories, pharmacies, water refilling stations, doctors and dentist clinics, LPG gas stations, BPO companies, food delivery services, wholesalers, and food manufacturing companies.
“Those who are working on these (exempted companies) must present an ID to prove that they are employees of such,” Abude added.
Abude said each bus can board a total of 50 passengers. However, social distancing will be strictly enforced, so they will only take 25 passengers for every trip.
“We have marshals and enforcers to oversee and regulate the capacity of passengers to board (the buses) to properly implement the social distancing,” he said.
There are five identified routes–Toril and Calinan for the south area; while Lasang, Cabantian, and Mandug for the north area of the city.
Abude said the buses will be at the assigned areas in the said districts before 6 a.m. from Monday to Friday. They will depart at 6:30 a.m. and the last trip would be at 7 a.m.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon