Nearly 2,000 workers in the region have been given the P5,000 financial assistance under the COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP) program of the Department of Labor and Employment.
Eduardo Monreal, Department of Labor and Employment regional spokesperson, said during a virtual presser last Wednesday that their office released Department Order no. 09 or CAMP.
In the said program, affected employees from private establishments may be given assistance by the agency through financial support. For instance, they could receive P5,000 in “lump sum, non-conditional, and regardless of employment status.”
So far, 66 establishments have applied, allowing them to help 1,989 workers.
They may also be given access to available job opportunities suitable to their qualifications through job matching, referral, and placement services.
Affected employees whose companies did not apply for the program may also file a complaint to DOLE. So far, the office received only around five complaints.
To avail of the program, the affected private establishment must have implemented a temporary closure due to the pandemic and submit documentary requirements, such as the establishment report on the COVID-19 pursuant to Labor Advisory no. 9, Series of 2020, and company payroll for the month prior to the implementation of the temporary closure.
Approved private establishments shall be having its workers receive the P5,000 financial assistance sent through M Lhuiller and beneficiaries are only required to bring a valid ID.
But, he added, most companies in Davao region are complying with the program so there is no major problem in its implementation.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art