Four Mati City residents were arrested for illegal cockfighting and violating the community quarantine on Saturday afternoon. Their two cohorts, however, managed to evade the police raid.
Elements of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group and the Mati PNP raided Purok 7-8 in Barangay Don Martin Marundan around 3:25 p.m. on March 28.
The suspects were identified as Zosimo Coming, Matranilo Novela, Jonathan Ogayre, and Reynaldo Rivera, all residents of the city.
The two other suspects were identified as Louel Dultra and Bimby Legarda.
Confiscated from the suspects were three live fighting cocks, two wounded fighting cocks, one dead fighting cock, 10 pieces gaffer knife, and P590 bet money.
They face case for violation of the Presidential Decree 1602 (Illegal Gambling) in relation to Republic Act 11332 (Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act) and Proclamation No. 922 (Declaring a State of Public Health Emergency).
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories