Four Mati City residents were arrested for illegal cockfighting and violating the community quarantine on Saturday afternoon. Their two cohorts, however, managed to evade the police raid.
Elements of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group and the Mati PNP raided Purok 7-8 in Barangay Don Martin Marundan around 3:25 p.m. on March 28.
The suspects were identified as Zosimo Coming, Matranilo Novela, Jonathan Ogayre, and Reynaldo Rivera, all residents of the city.
The two other suspects were identified as Louel Dultra and Bimby Legarda.
Confiscated from the suspects were three live fighting cocks, two wounded fighting cocks, one dead fighting cock, 10 pieces gaffer knife, and P590 bet money.
They face case for violation of the Presidential Decree 1602 (Illegal Gambling) in relation to Republic Act 11332 (Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act) and Proclamation No. 922 (Declaring a State of Public Health Emergency).
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021