A pharmacy owner was arrested after she allegedly hoarded and sold overpriced alcohol in Mabini, Barangay 37-D at 6:15 p.m. on Friday.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, Davao City Police Office director, identified the suspect as Joy Marie Escobillo Perez, 47, married, owner of Coson Pharmacy 883, and a resident of Country Homes.
The operation was jointly conducted with the Sta. Ana Police Station, led by Maj. Michael Uyanguren, and Criminal Investigation Detection Group (CIDG) 11-Davao city Field Unit, headed by Maj. Milgrace Driz.
Accordingly, the suspect allegedly took advantage of the panic brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic and hoarded rubbing alcohol.
The suspect was arrested after the designated poseur-buyer was able to purchase one piece 4,000 ml of 70% ethyl alcohol worth P980, which is beyond the suggested retail price set by the Food and Drugs Administration per Circular No. 2020-005.
Moreover, during the transaction, the suspect also issued a receipt (Cash Invoice No. 23029) as proof of payment.
Confiscated during the operation were one unit of 4,000 ml 70% ethyl alcohol; 36 pieces Of 4,000 ml 70% ethyl alcohol; and 44 pieces of 750 ml 70% isopropyl alcohol being sold at P400 each.
The suspect is now detained as she faces a case for violation of R.A. 10623 as amended by RA 7581 and RA 11469.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art