A pharmacy owner was arrested after she allegedly hoarded and sold overpriced alcohol in Mabini, Barangay 37-D at 6:15 p.m. on Friday.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, Davao City Police Office director, identified the suspect as Joy Marie Escobillo Perez, 47, married, owner of Coson Pharmacy 883, and a resident of Country Homes.
The operation was jointly conducted with the Sta. Ana Police Station, led by Maj. Michael Uyanguren, and Criminal Investigation Detection Group (CIDG) 11-Davao city Field Unit, headed by Maj. Milgrace Driz.
Accordingly, the suspect allegedly took advantage of the panic brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic and hoarded rubbing alcohol.
The suspect was arrested after the designated poseur-buyer was able to purchase one piece 4,000 ml of 70% ethyl alcohol worth P980, which is beyond the suggested retail price set by the Food and Drugs Administration per Circular No. 2020-005.
Moreover, during the transaction, the suspect also issued a receipt (Cash Invoice No. 23029) as proof of payment.
Confiscated during the operation were one unit of 4,000 ml 70% ethyl alcohol; 36 pieces Of 4,000 ml 70% ethyl alcohol; and 44 pieces of 750 ml 70% isopropyl alcohol being sold at P400 each.
The suspect is now detained as she faces a case for violation of R.A. 10623 as amended by RA 7581 and RA 11469.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories