A barangay official in Tagum City came clean and admitted that he is now a “presumptive” COVID-19 positive based on the local test administered by a government-operated hospital.
In a statement, Bryan Kim Samuel Angoy, Association of Barangay Captains (ABC) president in Tagum City, said the test was confirmed by the Southern Philippines Medical Center.
However, his laboratory tests has been sent to the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) to undergo revalidation.
For now, Angoy is recuperating at the Davao Region Medical Center (DMRC) in Tagum City.
“So far, my condition is stable here,” he said.
He said that he attended the Philippine Councilors League in Manila on Feb. 26-28, and immediately went on self-quarantine. After the 14th day of quarantine period, he still did not manifest any symptoms.
When he developed a fever on March 22, he was immediately sent to a private hospital since he was already beyond the mandated 14-day quarantine period.
At 10 p.m. of March 22, he heard on the news that those who went to Matina New Galleria in Davao City should submit themselves to a quarantine. He and his family still followed the protocols and informed the City Health Office, which decided to transfer him to the DMRC.
“I apologize to people I might have in direct contact with between March 12th and March 13th,” he said.
The city government of Davao recently released an announcement ordering those individuals who went to New Matina Davao Gallera from March 6 to March 13 to undergo a strict 14-day quarantine.
“Their family, friends, co-workers and close contacts should also undergo self-isolation. If you are experiencing colds, cough, fever, diarrhea or sore throat, you should immediately go to Sta. Ana Health Center or Crossing Bayabas Health Center in Toril,” the announcement read.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning