The Provincial Inter-Agency Task Force on COVID-19 confirmed that the two new positive cases in the region are from Davao Oriental.
The Department of Health has not yet released any information on the description of these new patients.
The provincial government of Davao Oriental released a statement on Friday confirming that the two patients were among the first batch of persons under investigation whose samples were initially tested at the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC).
The samples have been validated by the Research Institute for Tropical Medication for confirmation and quality check.
The patients are currently under strict isolation at the Davao Regional Medical Center in Tagum City and are reportedly in stable condition.
The City Health Office of Mati has already initiated contact tracing and subsequent isolation of all people who have come in close contact with these patients, including their respective family members and significant others, the statement reads.
During the course of sampling, testing, and isolation of the patients, up until the release of the official results, they already conducted contact tracing.
“They were consequently categorized as Persons under Monitoring (PUM) and Persons Under Investigation (PUI) according to prescribed DOH protocols. Currently, close monitoring of the COVID-19 patients at DRMC Tagum and close coordination with City Health Office and City Epidemiologic Surveillance Unit are being done,” it reads.
Following these recent updates, the provincial task force urged the public to stay at home and follow the mandated community quarantine guidelines “seriously.”
“At the same time, everyone is enjoined to stay calm and do only what is needed,” it said.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year