The Provincial Inter-Agency Task Force on COVID-19 confirmed that the two new positive cases in the region are from Davao Oriental.
The Department of Health has not yet released any information on the description of these new patients.
The provincial government of Davao Oriental released a statement on Friday confirming that the two patients were among the first batch of persons under investigation whose samples were initially tested at the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC).
The samples have been validated by the Research Institute for Tropical Medication for confirmation and quality check.
The patients are currently under strict isolation at the Davao Regional Medical Center in Tagum City and are reportedly in stable condition.
The City Health Office of Mati has already initiated contact tracing and subsequent isolation of all people who have come in close contact with these patients, including their respective family members and significant others, the statement reads.
During the course of sampling, testing, and isolation of the patients, up until the release of the official results, they already conducted contact tracing.
“They were consequently categorized as Persons under Monitoring (PUM) and Persons Under Investigation (PUI) according to prescribed DOH protocols. Currently, close monitoring of the COVID-19 patients at DRMC Tagum and close coordination with City Health Office and City Epidemiologic Surveillance Unit are being done,” it reads.
Following these recent updates, the provincial task force urged the public to stay at home and follow the mandated community quarantine guidelines “seriously.”
“At the same time, everyone is enjoined to stay calm and do only what is needed,” it said.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?