General Felimon Santos Jr., Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) chief of staff, has been placed on strict home quarantine (SHQ) after he was found positive for coronavirus disease 2019 COVID-19.
In a statement, the AFP said that Santos would be placed on SHQ until April 10 after his result came out yesterday showing he was positive for the virus.
Santos would still be working, although physicians from the V. Luna Medical Center would be monitoring him.
The statement added that he was in good health condition as he would also be able to discharge his duties with the assistance of Vice Admiral Gaudencio Collado, Jr., AFP vice chief of staff, who would oversee the daily operational activities.
Another deputy chief of staff, Lieutenant General Erickson Gloria, who was recently promoted would attend to the administrative matters.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls