General Felimon Santos Jr., Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) chief of staff, has been placed on strict home quarantine (SHQ) after he was found positive for coronavirus disease 2019 COVID-19.
In a statement, the AFP said that Santos would be placed on SHQ until April 10 after his result came out yesterday showing he was positive for the virus.
Santos would still be working, although physicians from the V. Luna Medical Center would be monitoring him.
The statement added that he was in good health condition as he would also be able to discharge his duties with the assistance of Vice Admiral Gaudencio Collado, Jr., AFP vice chief of staff, who would oversee the daily operational activities.
Another deputy chief of staff, Lieutenant General Erickson Gloria, who was recently promoted would attend to the administrative matters.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories