Mayor Sara Duterte has warned private hospitals who are accepting individuals with suspected coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), or they will be converted into COVID-19 hospitals.
In an interview with Davao City Disaster Radio Thursday, Duterte said those private hospitals found to be accepting cases related to the virus will become designated hospital that will cater solely to these cases as this has been the protocol of the Department of Health.
In justifying the warning, the mayor said: “Do not provide special treatment for few individuals against the safety of the entire staff and personnel of your hospital. You may infect hundreds of health workers inside the hospital.”
The mayor said she received reports from two individuals from a private hospital that it was accepting suspected COVID -19 cases despite the order of the DOH and that she was verifying the reports.
She has also reminded the public to be responsible in actions they take because the virus is highly contagious.
She also said urged PUI patients to cooperate and refrain from admitting themselves in private hospitals for it may contaminate the rest of the hospital facilities.
“If this happens, then our health workers will decrease as they have to be quarantined and cured if they will get the disease. Cases will also increase as they are exposed to suspected COVID-19 individuals,” she said.
She highly encouraged PUIs with mild symptoms to be admitted at designated COVID-19 centers instead.
For severe cases, the Southern Philippines Medical Center will be accommodating them as it is the only facility in the city tasked to cater to COVID-19 patients.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission