fbpx Press "Enter" to skip to content

176 PUIs in region: DOH

The Department of Health (DOH) XI bared yesterday it recorded 176 patients under investigation (PUI) in Davao region.

In its report yesterday morning, the DOH XI said that of the number of PUIs, 78 were admitted to hospitals while 88 were discharged.

The Department added of those 10 PUIs who died, four of them were tested negative of the virus, while the results of the others have yet to be released by the Research Institute of Tropical Medicine (RITM).

Meanwhile, 13, 825 persons under monitoring (PUM) were recorded , with 7,376 were still under observation, while 6, 448 individuals were cleared, with one fatality. DOH XI, however, clarified that the death was not related to the virus.

The DOH XI recorded six confirmed cases who tested positive for the COVID-19 with one recovered and the others were still admitted but were in better condition, showing “no symptoms” of the infection.

PH130, the 21-year-old Filipina from Pantukan, Davao de Oro, who was the first COVID-19 patient in Davao region, was discharged on March 23.

Meanwhile, DOH XI director Annabelle Yumang previously confirmed in a press conference on Wednesday the new COVID-19 patients are now in better condition.

“We continue to monitor them while they are in the hospital,” she said.

The 50 year-old male patient (PH444), meanwhile, was confined at the Davao Regional Medical Center (DRMC) in Tagum City. PH444 was reported to have travel history from Manila, Palawan, and Cebu.

The other two male patients aged 28 and 32, identified as PH442 and PH443, respectively are now being treated at the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC). Both have travel history in Manila.

On the other hand, PH262 and PH263 who were reported on March 21, were already transferred to an isolation facility at SPMC on March 22 after they were put on a “strict home quarantine.”

Share this post:

Instagram
RSS