It was on the 23rd of February that we received a message from USEC Bam Garcia, inviting us to the 37th Foundation of the organization which has always asked us to share the occasion with them, the Camera Club of Davao.
As we all remember very well, one of the founding members of the club was “Tatay” Rene B. Lumawag, a dear friend of all the members and associates who had shared memorable occasions with him for more than thirty years. Tatay Rene also worked with The Mindanao Times after his retirement from SunStar Davao and was well-loved by the members of the media.
This was the first time that the CCD celebrated the foundation anniversary without Tatay Rene, and the officers could not help being emotional during the program, as Tatay was one of those who had a lot of humor at every gathering such as this.
A new set of officers was inducted and awards were given to the outstanding members who excelled during the year and winning photographs were recognized, the entries having been judged right at the venue, the Marco Polo Davao Saranggani Function Room on February 23, 2020.
Thirty seven years went by swiftly, but the bonds which keep these members together have built a friendship so strong, it can never break.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled