It was on the 23rd of February that we received a message from USEC Bam Garcia, inviting us to the 37th Foundation of the organization which has always asked us to share the occasion with them, the Camera Club of Davao.
As we all remember very well, one of the founding members of the club was “Tatay” Rene B. Lumawag, a dear friend of all the members and associates who had shared memorable occasions with him for more than thirty years. Tatay Rene also worked with The Mindanao Times after his retirement from SunStar Davao and was well-loved by the members of the media.
This was the first time that the CCD celebrated the foundation anniversary without Tatay Rene, and the officers could not help being emotional during the program, as Tatay was one of those who had a lot of humor at every gathering such as this.
A new set of officers was inducted and awards were given to the outstanding members who excelled during the year and winning photographs were recognized, the entries having been judged right at the venue, the Marco Polo Davao Saranggani Function Room on February 23, 2020.
Thirty seven years went by swiftly, but the bonds which keep these members together have built a friendship so strong, it can never break.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission