The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) urged commuters to report jeepney drivers who overcharge them on the fare.
In a Facebook post, the LTFRB advised that the commuters must take photos of the vehicles, along with their plate numbers and routes. These can bolster their case.
“Include your names, and other information that you can state so that we can summon you to a scheduled hearing that you must attend,” it said. “This will ensure that your complaints will be handled accordingly, and so that violators will be fined based on their offense,” the announcement read.
LTFRB regional director Armand Dioso told TIMES yesterday in a phone interview that violators will face stiff sanctions if their guilt is proven.
For instance, they will pay P3,000 for the first offense and P10,000 for the second offense. If they are caught for the first time, the franchise will be cancelled on top of the P10,000 fine.
He said the public can contact them through their Facebook Messenger at Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board XI (LTFRB XI). They can also reach their office through telephone number (082) 297-2525.
As of now, Dioso said they still have not received a single complaint on overcharged fares.
“We are monitoring also vehicles in the city. But, so far, we don’t have any cases reported and we did not receive any complaints from people,” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success