It would take several days for health advisories and government announcements to sink in for us to comply with Community Quarantine, as the invited guests to a gathering arrived to greet Cristina Yip on the 9th Anniversary of the foundation of Love & Styles. The Covid 19 Epidemic, at that time did not occupy our mind enough to make us stay home. It was March 14, 2020, and shoppers at the mall were not even bothered about what was happening in Wuhan, China.
Three shops owned by Cristina are located on the second floor of Victoria Plaza, which displays and sells wedding gowns and attire for a whole wedding entourage. Brides-to-be were busy trying gowns at the fitting room while everyone was enjoying the late morning event.
Selected friends invited to the occasion partook of cocktails. They included “Ninang” Merci Duduaco, Jennifer Romero, Sales & Marketing Manager of Waterfront Davao Insular Hotel, Leny Hernandez, Noel Tanza of Golden Touch, Korine Navarro, Jon Nunez of Glam, who came with model Jo Puyod Yulo and other models.
Cristina Yip has been successful in her business, bringing bridal gowns and suits for grooms which she buys from Hong Kong and China. She has branches at Ateneo de Davao CM Recto and Quirino Avenue, in front of the Regional Education & Learning Center (RELC) beside Teodoro Palma Gil Elementary School. She also supplies gowns for a friend in Tagum City.
Because of her services that she extends to her customers, Cristina continues to enjoy the patronage of her friends who also buy evening gowns for special occasions such as balls, debuts and birthdays.
Photo credits: Merci Duduaco/Nicole Kyra Roque-Wong
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories