The City Council approved an ordinance institutionalizing the local government’s emergency policies on COVID-19.
Councilor Mabel Sunga-Acosta, committee chair on peace and public safety, filed a resolution under suspended rules on Tuesday, March 23, during the regular session.
Under the ordinance, penalties are imposed to those who will violate the protocols of the city concerning COVID-19. The ordinance was certified urgent by the Vice Mayor’s Office.
The ordinance institutionalized executive orders 10, 12, 12-A, 15-A, and 16-A. These EOs contain the protocols of the city on its restrictions and the temporary closures of all business establishments in the city.
Acosta said that under the ordinance, violations on sections 1-11, which cover the EOs on community quarantine, restriction on travels, curfew, imposed curfew for vulnerable sectors (senior citizens, minors, pregnant women, sick and immune-compromised individuals in the city), liquor ban, and funerals will be a fine of P3,000 for the first offense and P5,000 for the second offense and/or imprisonment of not more than a year at the discretion of the court.
On the other hand, Sections 12, 13 and 14 of the ordinance which covers the persons under monitoring (PUM) and persons under investigation (PUI) protocols, have imposed a fine of P5,000 and imprisonment of not more than a year at the discretion of the court.
Persons who also fail to immediately disclose their travel histories to COVID-19 contaminated areas or exposure to known PUMs or PUIs will also be penalized.
Acosta said this is to ensure that protocols will be strictly implemented.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat