Mayor Sara Duterte has expanded the guidelines in its community quarantine protocols through an issuance of a new executive order.
On Monday, the city mayor issued Executive Order No. 20, Series of 2020, which is “an order providing for additional guidelines in the implementation of community quarantine beginning 5 a.m. of Thursday, March 26, 2020 until 11:59 p.m. of Sunday, April 19, 2020 unless further extended, modified or withdrawn.”
Under the EO, she said that the Epidemiologist and Infectious Disease Specialist doctors demand that people stay in their houses to arrest the spread of the infection in a community quarantine and lockdown.
She also said that “it becomes necessary to supplement existing quarantine guidelines and impose stricter measures for this purpose.”
The following are the additional guidelines to be observed by all concerned sectors:
1. Face masks are mandatory when going out in public. Face masks with face shield are encouraged;
2. No person can come out from their residence, dwelling, and its immediate surroundings except those who will buy food or medicine, go to the hospital, or in an emergency situation, and except as herein provided;
3. Close ALL establishments and offices, EXCEPT government offices, groceries, supermarkets, wet markets/palengkes, food commissaries, food manufacturing, food delivery services, wholesale stores, convenience stores, sari-sari stores, hospitals, medical laboratories, pharmacies, drugstores, banks and ATMS, savings and credit cooperatives, money-transfer services and bayad centers, courier services, other delivery services, construction hardware, doctor’s and dentist’s clinics, gas stations, water refilling stations, LPG stations, and business process outsourcing/call centers. Whenever possible, a skeletal workforce arrangement must be implemented to create distancing between employees:
a) All other business establishments and private offices not mentioned are
required to shift to online work and implement a work at home scheme;
b) All business establishments and private offices should hire augmentation
security personnel for their facilities;
c) All restaurants, cafes, bakeries and other similar food establishments should
close down their dining area and open only for take-out, in-house delivery
or food delivery services;
d) All wet markets/palengkes must have an entrance, exit and one way
direction for people to go through. People cannot turn around and go back
and cannot roam around the wet markets/palengkes;
e) Sari-sari stores must not allow people during the curfew hours of 9PM to 5AM to
stay and loiter, and must be closed
4. Ambulant food and non-food vendors are prohibited to sell anywhere;
5. Jeepney drivers shall continue to work for the government by providing public transportation service, sanitation of jeepney units, implementation of social distancing and wearing of masks in public;
6. Taxis shall accommodate a maximum of 2 passengers only per trip. Tricycles and trisikads shail carry 1 passenger only per trip;
7. The schedule of the ban of trucks along the highways is hereby lifted;
8. Manufacturing, fabrication, construction, agri-business and other similar sectors should reduce workload and extend their deadlines to significantly reduce laborers in the job site and to create a two meter distance between laborers;
9. No minors, senior citizens, pregnant women, sick and immuno-compromised individuals can go out of the residence or dwelling except to go to the hospital, medical or allied medical Institutions;
10. Funeral parlors and private and public cemeteries are mandated to impose a “family members only” wake and burial and at all times must demand compliance and observance of two (2) meter distance between family members and frequent handwashing with soap and water;
11. All public and private educational institutions should prepare for online enrollment procedures and the possibility of online classes for the months of April to July 2020;
12. Backyard cockfighting/sabong shall be prosecuted under pertinent laws and regulations;
13. All private hospitals in Davao City are not allowed to admit PUIS and Covid-19 positive patients. The Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) shall be the primary hospital for severe and critical Covid-19 PUI and positive patients. Other centers available for mild PUIS shall receive patients referred to them by
NO PERSON or vehicle shall be allowed to enter the Davao Region EXCEPT for vehicles with cargo and one (1) driver with no assistant/s. The driver cannot go down the truck.
For purposes of this Order, “Cargo” shall mean to include animals, vegetables, all other non-living things but not dead human bodies.
a) Cargo vehicle assistants may be unloaded at the checkpoint to wait for
the truck to come back and leave Davao Region;
b) Cargo vehicle final destination must be within the Davao Region;
c) Empty cargo vehicles may come in to pick up cargo inside the Davao
Region with 1 driver only and no assistants;
d) The 10ID and PRO XI should divide the areas of all highways in Davao
Region and assign which unit should secure the area for the protection
of people and cargo travelling on the highways.
15. Anyone can leave the city at any time but cannot come back during the quarantine period.
16. SEA CARGO
All sea vessels can unload cargo in any port in Region XI but all personnel and
crew of the vessels are prohibited to come down from the vessels.
Business Process Outsourcing / Call Centers, per mandate of Department of Trade and Industry Memorandum Circular 20-08 Series 2020, have two (2) options only:
a) Skeletal workforce with social distancing and appropriate temporary accommodation arrangements within the vicinity and with shuttle service;
b) Work from home arrangements
If BPOS/Call Centers cannot comply with either of the two options, it shall be closed down immediately.
18. RATION CARDS
Beneficiaries are Heads of Families that are:
b) Contractual/No Work No Pay;
c) Self-Employed; or
d) With significant loss or reduction of income
All due to the COVID-19, the state of public health emergency and state of
19. TELEPHONE MEDICINE
a) Pharmacies and drugstores are requested to accept prescriptions that are
in the form of text messages wherein the sender is Central 911 to cater to
patients who are accommodated by volunteer doctors conducting
telemedicine in the city in coordination with 911;
b) In the absence of a doctor’s prescription, pharmacies and drugstores are
requested to allow senior citizens or their duly authorized representatives
to avail of their senior citizens’ discount with the presentation of only their
purchase orders/booklets and senior citizens’ ID.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success