The Department of Health (DOH)-Davao confirmed three new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total to six positive cases for COVID-19 in the region.
According to the report released by the Department of Health (DOH)-Davao Center for Health Development (DCHD) on March 23, at 8 p.m., the three patients were identified as PH442, PH443, and PH444.
The report revealed that PH442 is a 28-year-old male who has a history of travel to Metro Manila, and PH443 is a 32-year-old male who also has travel history to Metro Manila. Meanwhile, PH444, a 50-year-old male recently came from Manila, Palawan, and Cebu.
“They are admitted in COVID-19 facilities in the region and in stable condition,” the DOH-Davao said.
Surveillance teams from the DOH, together with the City Health Office personnel, are “conducting extensive information-gathering and contact tracing to all persons who interacted with and in close proximity to the patient.”
The health team is already coordinating with the concerned airline and with other agencies to expedite the contact tracing.
On Sunday, the DOH-Davao has confirmed the first two cases of COVID-19 in Davao City – PH262, male, and PH263, female, both aged 47, and arrived in Davao City from Manila on March 6. The department bared that “both are in stable condition.”
Meanwhile, PH130, the first confirmed person who have COVID-19 in the region admitted at the Davao Regional Medical Center (DRMC) in Tagum City, already tested negative of the infection and has already been discharged.
The DOH-Davao bared that as of 5 p.m. March 23, one person under investigation (PUI) expired, bringing a total of six deaths of PUI for possible COVID-19 infection in the region. Two of the six PUIs who died tested negative to COVID-19.
Meanwhile, DOH-Davao is still waiting on the confirmation result of the other PUIs.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month