Eight people were accosted for having a drinking session in barangays Lambajon and Bobonao in Baganga, Davao Oriental.
Five of them were caught drinking fermented coconut wine, locally known as tuba. The other three were arrested for drinking Emperador brandy in Barangay Bobonao, after they were identified by the village chief in the area.
According to Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, spokesperson of the Police Regional Office XI, one of the three arrested was considered a person under monitoring.
The eight people face a case for violation of Article 151 (Resistance and Disobedience) and R.A 11332 Section 9, Republic Act 11332 ‘’ otherwise known as ‘’Mandatory reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health events of Public Health concerns act.’’ They are now under the custody of the Baganga Police Station.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat