Eight people were accosted for having a drinking session in barangays Lambajon and Bobonao in Baganga, Davao Oriental.
Five of them were caught drinking fermented coconut wine, locally known as tuba. The other three were arrested for drinking Emperador brandy in Barangay Bobonao, after they were identified by the village chief in the area.
According to Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, spokesperson of the Police Regional Office XI, one of the three arrested was considered a person under monitoring.
The eight people face a case for violation of Article 151 (Resistance and Disobedience) and R.A 11332 Section 9, Republic Act 11332 ‘’ otherwise known as ‘’Mandatory reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health events of Public Health concerns act.’’ They are now under the custody of the Baganga Police Station.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021