Eight people were accosted for having a drinking session in barangays Lambajon and Bobonao in Baganga, Davao Oriental.
Five of them were caught drinking fermented coconut wine, locally known as tuba. The other three were arrested for drinking Emperador brandy in Barangay Bobonao, after they were identified by the village chief in the area.
According to Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, spokesperson of the Police Regional Office XI, one of the three arrested was considered a person under monitoring.
The eight people face a case for violation of Article 151 (Resistance and Disobedience) and R.A 11332 Section 9, Republic Act 11332 ‘’ otherwise known as ‘’Mandatory reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health events of Public Health concerns act.’’ They are now under the custody of the Baganga Police Station.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon