Eight people were accosted for having a drinking session in barangays Lambajon and Bobonao in Baganga, Davao Oriental.
Five of them were caught drinking fermented coconut wine, locally known as tuba. The other three were arrested for drinking Emperador brandy in Barangay Bobonao, after they were identified by the village chief in the area.
According to Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, spokesperson of the Police Regional Office XI, one of the three arrested was considered a person under monitoring.
The eight people face a case for violation of Article 151 (Resistance and Disobedience) and R.A 11332 Section 9, Republic Act 11332 ‘’ otherwise known as ‘’Mandatory reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health events of Public Health concerns act.’’ They are now under the custody of the Baganga Police Station.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls