More than P300,000 worth of shabu were seized by authorities from an alleged drug pusher in a buy-bust operation conducted in San Rafael, Barangay 10-A, Agdao District last Friday afternoon.
The suspect was identified as Amerel Ejara Asari, 33, jobless, and an original resident of Sta. Cruz, Davao Del Sur. He was also reportedly included in the Directorate for Intelligence drug watchlist of the Talomo station.
Asari was busted after he sold a sachet of shabu worth P10,000 to an undercover operative. Recovered from him were seven sachets containing suspected shabu, and weighing about 19 grams valued at P304,000, a cellphone, and P150 in cash.
Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, the commander of Talomo Police Station, said that the police personnel continue to make sure to go after criminal elements, even as they play support to the contain the threat of COVID-19.
“I appreciate the hard work and dedication of these officers,” Lao said. “The result of this investigation and operation is indicative of their dedication to duty and to their sworn oath.”
The suspect is detained in the Talomo Police Station, facing a case for violation of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus