A man was arrested for the unauthorized wearing of military uniform with insignia in Barangay Kinuskusan, Bansalan, in Davao del Sur on Saturday.
Police identified him as of Harvey Julz Bayawan Daggon, 22, single, and a resident of Purok 1, Barangay Tamayong, Davao City.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, spokesperson of the Police Regional Office XI, said the PNP personnel from the 2nd Company Davao del Sur Provincial Mobile Force Company (DSPMFC) were conducting a checkpoint in the barangay when they flagged Daggon.
He was allegedly riding a motorcycle passing through the checkpoint, while wearing an ROTC camouflage uniform with the rank of a cadel colonel. when questioned, he said that he was an Army reservist, but failed to show any ID to prove his claim.
He is now under the custody of the Bansalan Municipal Police Station.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021