A man was arrested for the unauthorized wearing of military uniform with insignia in Barangay Kinuskusan, Bansalan, in Davao del Sur on Saturday.
Police identified him as of Harvey Julz Bayawan Daggon, 22, single, and a resident of Purok 1, Barangay Tamayong, Davao City.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, spokesperson of the Police Regional Office XI, said the PNP personnel from the 2nd Company Davao del Sur Provincial Mobile Force Company (DSPMFC) were conducting a checkpoint in the barangay when they flagged Daggon.
He was allegedly riding a motorcycle passing through the checkpoint, while wearing an ROTC camouflage uniform with the rank of a cadel colonel. when questioned, he said that he was an Army reservist, but failed to show any ID to prove his claim.
He is now under the custody of the Bansalan Municipal Police Station.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls