A lawmaker has urged hotels and inns to provide space for non-COVID-2019 patients as hospitals are expected to deluged with cases in the coming days or weeks.
Councilor Ralph Abella, chair of the committee on agriculture and food, authored the resolution urging hotels, inns and other similar establishments near hospitals to consider utilizing their vacant rooms to be used by non-COVID-19 patients in the event that the hospitals will run out of space.
The said resolution was read and passed by Councilor Javi Campos, committee chair on international relations, on Friday’s emergency session.
As of March 19, Thursday, the Department of Health (DOH) recorded 96 persons under investigation (PUIs) and 5,403 persons under monitoring (PUMs), and one confirmed case in the region. DOH also said that there are 217 positive patients for COVID-19.
“There may be an influx of COVID-19 PUI in Davao City in the coming days,” Abella said in his resolution.
The DOH, during a Facebook live press conference, said that they are currently conducting contact tracing of people who might be in close contact with the infected.
Mayor Sara Duterte also previously warned that more positive cases and PUIs should be expected in the days to come. But she constantly reminded the public against panicking, and instead cooperate with the authorities.
“ (The) Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) and other hospitals may not be able to cater to all patients due to influx of COVID-19 related cases,” Abella added.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?