The city procured medical supplies for frontliners working 24/7 to contain the spread of the coronavirus disease.
Mayor Sara Duterte bared that the medical equipment and kits were purchased from China. Hopefully, they can help health personnel in the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) avoid being contaminated by the.
The SPMC is the only hospital in the city designated to accept COVID-19 patients. “These supplies were bought last week after doctors at SPMC reported the lack of supplies. They are our frontliners for COVID-19,” she said.
The medical supplies acquired by the city include masks (surgical, N95, N90 dust cover) goggles, disposable surgical gloves (ordinary and for intensive care unit), and personal protective equipment (PPE) for ICU and ordinary use.
The PPEs, she said, will be handed over to SPMC. The City Health Office, barangay health workers, and personnel of the Task Force Davao and Philippine National Police assigned at the checkpoints also received the supplies.
In a previous report, the city mayor said only SPMC will cater to COVID-19 patients to avoid overwhelming the healthcare industry of the city.
“We should be able to prevent our health personnel in the private hospitals from being contaminated with the virus so that not all of our doctors and nurses and medical workers in the city will acquire it,” she said.
She said mild cases will be put in the rehabilitation center in Malagos. The city mayor also said that the Boy Scouts of the Philippines, also in Malagos, will be utilized in case of a surge. The Alternative Learning Center near People’s Park has also been made as a reserve for a quarantine site.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021